Monday, October 04, 2010

As Time Goes By

The summer flew by and I barely noticed.  I forgot to do a lot of the things I had planned. 
Oops. My bad.

Sadie (my new best pal) and I just watched the world go by

Oops. I forgot to read all the works of Shakespeare!!


"How poor are they who have not patience! What wound did ever heal but by degrees."
William Shakespeare

Oops. I forgot to climb Mount Kilimanjaro!!


Oops. I forgot to swim the English Channel!!



Oops. I forgot to lose 50 pounds!!
How can that fat woman possibly be me?
Wes (my son), Becky (my much younger, skinny friend),
and the worst picture of me ever. How brave I am to put this on my blog!

Oops. I forgot to get organized!!
Not my house, thank heavens. I guess things could be worse.

Oops and darn.  I forgot to garden!!

Again, not my garden, thank goodness, but I have plenty of weeds


Oops. I forgot to learn Italian or how to play the mandolin!!

Darn. I forgot to write on my Blog!!




However, with all those things I forgot to do, I did acquire a new guilty pleasure.

I became a fan of America's Got Talent and think ten-year-old Jackie Evancho was robbed, even though I do like the winner Michael Grimm.


If you haven't heard Jackie sing, you owe it to yourself to take a few minutes and listen. She has the voice of an angel. . . .straight from heaven.





What did you forget to do this summer?



3 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

This little girl is incredible! This summer I forgot the whole fifty-pound thing, too. In fact, I've decided to totally forget it. Sixty-one means I'm no longer a slave to my figure. (I actually took on this persona a couple of decades ago.)

Arkansas Patti said...

I fear I suffered from Sadie'itis also. Summer was mostly spent hiding from the 100+ heat.
Not to worry, it only means that this winter, we must get cracking.

kenju said...

I forgot everything you did - except write my blog!! And Sheri, I did not write the paraprosdoskian (sp?)sentences!! I got them in an email.