Thursday, June 05, 2008

An Unfinished Mission

Bobby Kennedy

Forty years ago today, the hope of America was snuffed out at the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles, California. How different our world would be today. Dreams died that night.

I heard Bobby speak the week before his death at the Terrace Ballroom in Salt Lake City. I was inspired, ecstatic, moved. I wasn't moved again by a politician until Senator Barack Obama spoke at the Democratic Convention in 2004. After both speeches I said, "I want that man to lead our country." Bobby was not just a politician. He was a true Statesman. He cared about people. I see this in Obama. Finally, I feel we have hope again.

The Terrace Ballroom was torn down years ago. Gone. The Ambassador Hotel was torn down. Gone. JFK, MLK, RFK. Gone. America's pride and confidence. Gone. Gone. Gone.

It is time for hope in the future. Hope that all American's will have affordable healthcare. Hope that families will be able to afford homes. Hope that our troops can come home from Iraq.

Hope that a a brave, intelligent and thoughtful man can turn things around for our country.

1 comment:

Travelin'Oma said...

I am so glad you wrote about this. I saw him speak at BYU and I was blown away. He was the epitome.