Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Much Needed Redo

Master Bathroom Before

Our bathroom is getting a much needed redo (by my son). The old vinyl on the floor started to come up in the corner by the bathtub and water got underneath. (You know, when I swamp the water while getting into the tub.)

I have terrible mold allergies which have been running rampant recently. My husband sneezes incestantly and even the dog seems to have asthma.

The ugly mold and mildew was under the vinyl. Luckily we don't live in a hot humid area like New Orleans. My sister and her husband lost a home there after Katrina.

Ghastly mold and mildew

Wes ready for work
My son (an admitted germ-a-phobic) took extra precautions while tearing up the vinyl, in case there was toxic black mold.

Disinfecting the plywood

After tearing up the plywood
Now that the moldy plywood is out of the house, I am already starting to feel better. I will feel much better when the new flooring is down and I can soak my old bag of bones in my tub again!


Travelin'Oma said...

It looks like you're in good hands! I hope it's done quickly and you're soaking in bubbles soon.

Kathleen said...

What a job! It will be worth all the trouble and money. We will, of course, want to see the after pictures!