Friday, November 14, 2008

Smile, You're on Candid Camera

CCTV

There are up to 4.2 million CCTV (closed circuit) cameras in Britain - about one for every 14 people. The average Briton is caught on camera 300 times a day. You see them everywhere. In the Underground stations, on the corner's of buildings, in the buildings, on street lights.

I took about 275 pictures in London in seven days, not including all the ones I deleted. But it's mind-boggling to think that each day I was probably photographed 300 times. I tried to remember to smile.

Trafalgar Square



Nelson's Column


I had a date with my husband on CCTV on Wednesday, November 4th at 3:30 PM GMT, 8:30 AM MST. We were to met at Trafalgar Square in front of Nelson Column near one of the four corner lions. Bill would be at work on the Internet and I would be waving at the appointed camera. He had practiced ahead of time and knew which camera zoomed into that spot.

Can you spot the CCTV atop the building?

I was here, smiling and waving. Bill and his co-workers were in Salt Lake intently watching the computer screen, but the notorious CCTV zoomed in on the other lion!

Later that day, when I had gone back to the hotel, Bill tried to call me. But like everything else in our room, the telephone was out-of-order! So much for dating long distance.

1 comment:

Leedra said...

That would be my luck, at the wrong lion. It was a great idea.